Tuesday 3 February 2015

I'll have another go!

I know that I said yesterday that I may not post again, but the peculiar thing is that I have had the highest number of views in one day for a long while. I am not sure if that is because people are happy to see the back of me, or whether I was wrong to stop. No-one has commented so, buoyed up by this sudden surge in interest (which I accept may well be negative) I will continue for a little while (because I am taking an optimistic view) at least in the hope that some people have an interest in my opinion of reality.

I hope I have shown over the life of this blog that I take politics seriously and approach the study of politics from the viewpoint of attempting to analyse politcs and political life from its fundamentals, that is, what is politics, and what is its roles and functions? For example, what is the proper role and function of an elected politician? What should the limit of their power be, and what should happen if they abuse that power and the office we elect them to? If there is one thing I have learned in my life it is that politicians actually know very little about politics. To the modern politician politics is all about winning elections and once they have gained office being able to do what they like. I suspect that the vast majority of political office holders in this country think that John Stuart Mill and David Hume are jockeys who ride horses called Plato and Aristotle.

Now, it is not necessary for political office holders to be familiar with the works of the aforementioned thinkers, but if you achieve a position in government you should at least have a passing knowledge of what it is you are supposed to be doing and what your proper functions are. That is why I have tried to remind you that politicians are no different from the rest of us and have no special rights and privileges. It takes no knowledge or skill to be an elected politician it only requires garnering one more vote than your closest opponent. It is this peculiarity that makes the modern British politician such a consumate and shameless liar. The modern British Westminster politician doesn't actually know their job or what they are doing. As a result, they are in thrall to vested interests who tell them what to do and they then spend their entire career trying to justify the unjustifiable.

The result of this is that politicians must be held to account at all times and must be answerable for their decisions. Politics is a job and if you make a mess of your job you get dismissed. In my job I make sure that I know what my job description is and seek to master my roles and responsibilities. It is the job of Parliament to monitor the government and to hold it to account. The Westminster Parliament is therefore a miserable failure and should be dismissed. Westminster demonstrates that its inhabitants don't even begin to understand their job.

With that in mind I will attempt to hold our politicians to proper scrutiny and analysis. I trust you will stay with me and will in turn hold me to account.

Your Servant
Doktor Kommirat

No comments:

Post a Comment