Friday 19 September 2014

Its hard to be humble!

Well, as the man said, its not often I'm right but I'm wrong again. I humbly submit myself to you in sackcloth and ashes for what must now appear to be a widely extravagant prediction of a 57% Yes victory. However, what pleases me is that my assessment was not too far off given the very large turnout. As I said, I made my predictions on the basis of previous data, and my assessment of that data was very close to the final result. My error was that the original 22 point lead for No must have been accurate, and that still surprises me. My assumption of a deliberate distortion of the data was wrong. I gave the No campaign a 10% lead and that was the result, although I admit that I did think 10% was generous. However the other 10% that I was assuming would result in a surge for Yes did not materialise.  

In the end the final result was a close reflection of previous data and is not unexpected given previous empirical data. However, I am surprised that Glasgow for example, did not reflect the general turnout, and the people of Scotland may well live to regret that. No garnered a 10% victory which is very close to the 9% plus that the Westminster parties gained in 2011 and won by just under 390,000 votes. It is a significant result and I am glad that the final result was not very close, regardless of who had won. I am however, deeply saddened that all the Ayrshire constituencies voted No. It is hard to understand how that could happen in areas of such deprivation, unemployment and foodbank usage. But that is democracy!

However, on another theme I have written about, we now see Westminster in its true colours. Eighteen hours after the result they have begun to renage on what they assured us was a guarantee, a binding promise. They couldn't even mask their mendacity for a whole day. Despite signing a vow that was spread all over the front of the Daily Record, Cameron now tells us that the timetable the three stooges promised us is not possible and Miliband is taking the huff at Cameron's conditions which he never even bothered to discuss with the other two parties. We should have been alerted when they chose the Record for their announcement. Oh Scotland what have you done? You have assured me that we are Better Together with a parcel of rogues, a set of people whose word is completely untrustworthy and who are so arrogant and devoid of principle and shame that they don't even bother to hide it. You were warned but its too late now. Brace yourself for levels of betrayal that you didn't think possible.

Your Servant

Doktor Kommirat
Don't blame me, I voted Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment