Monday 12 June 2017

The Conservative Party and democracy are mutually exclusive

A friend asked me why I appear to be so unrelentingly hostile to the Tories. Surely they are not all bad she asked? Good question that deserves an answer. It is not a question of good or bad, Toryism is a fraud and a lie and can never benefit people like me, working class and Scottish to give just two aspects of my reality. For example, the Tories tell us they seek to govern in the interests of all the British people and that is a barefaced lie. What do I mean by that? The Tory party’s name is the Conservative Party. So, ask yourself, what is it they seek to conserve? Class rule, privilege, and power concentrated within a hereditary elite. That is so obvious it never ceases to amaze me that I need to explain it to people, but to the British it is such a natural part of their way of life that they take it for granted, and, as our voting patterns demonstrate, think that this is the way it should be. 

I am a democrat, I believe in democracy, in the Periclean concept of a demos kritas. Human society will always consists of classes with divergent interests, but a proper demos kritas will seek to ensure that no one class can establish a hegemony of privilege and power, which is precisely the whole raison d’etre of the Conservative Party. If you are a genuine believer in democracy you cannot possibly be a Tory because Tories are opposed to real democracy, they despise the concept of a demos kritas, indeed they dread it, they are in essence anti-democratic. As I have written before, despite their claims to represent all of the people, the Conservatives are exclusive and constantly seek ways to exclude people from their rights and benefits, but most importantly from power and influence which the Conservatives claim as their sole prerogative. Ask yourself why the stock market falls, why the value of the pound falls, after an exit poll signals the prospect of either a hung parliament or a Labour victory? Because both those events signal that the financial class may see some of their opportunities to loot the national treasury under threat. They may be restrained or even called to account, something that will never happen under the Tories, who make up the financial elite. Compared to your modern Conservative or Republican, the Mafia are amateurs.

That is also why I am not a communist as we understand communism in modern politics. Soviet style communism entrenched class privilege just as surely as the Tories do and why I call the Soviet Union a workers state ruled by fascists, and is why I never associate Marx with what we call communism, I may be naïve, but I see Marx as a demos kritas person.

That is why The Donald is so dangerous, he may be insane, but he is not a fool. Posing as the champion of the working man he seeks to establish an elite financial and business class dominance that will both deprive and exclude the American worker from any meaningful participation and progress. The Donald is a true class warrior a champion of privilege and power, even more exclusive in his policies than a British Tory. I could write a book about this, but am aware that I must not write too much in a post. I will of course return to this theme in future, but for the moment you have been warned.

Your Servant
Doktor Kommirat   

No comments:

Post a Comment