Tuesday 18 October 2016

I think I've lost the plot

I think I am losing touch with reality because either our political system is going progressively mad or I am. I am simply no longer able to relate to modern British politicians. I have to say British because although I would exempt the majority of Scotland's political class, there are still enough Tory and Labour imbeciles defiling the Scottish political scene to deepen my despair for the future. One merely need consider the plight of Scottish Labour to realise that here we have a group of people who wish to be regarded as a party of government but are quite incapable of learning from their mistakes or from displaying an even tenuous grasp of reality. However, every time I conclude that I must be genuinely quite mad, up pops another genuine loony to make me think that I am still on the plus side of sanity compared with our average politician. A conservative councillor in Guildford, Surrey, ironically named Christian Holliday, has placed a petition on the Westminster pigsty website demanding that the 1848 Treason Felony Act be updated to include what he considers as treasonous offences. In this person's fevered imagination it would be a treasonous offence “To imagine, devise, promote, work, or encourage others, to support UK becoming a member of the European Union." and “To conspire with foreign powers to make the UK, or part of the UK, become a member of the EU.” Now, is that not one of the most deliciously insane things you have read for some time? This guy even makes Trump look like a statesman. Now, note his reference to 'part of the UK', because this is a clear reference to the Scottish Government who are pledged to do everything possible to keep Scotland within the EU regardless of what the rest of the UK does. Now, this is no run of the mill Tory party member, this is an elected public official. The people of Guildford have actually gone to the trouble to elect this nutter to represent them and their interests on their local council. His petition is so mad even the Tories have baulked at it and he has been suspended from the party. That of course is window dressing and he will be readmitted as soon as the dust settles, told to be a good boy and placed in a safe seat at the next pigsty election, because he is so barking that he will be the perfect lobby fodder for the whips. This is an extreme example, but it is not too far off the general narrative that is dominant in the UK just now. If you ever read the Mail or the Express you will be aware of the utter hatred that the English bourgeoisie harbour for anyone who thinks that leaving the EU is a mistake. As you know I am one of these people and firmly believe that Brexit will be an utter disaster. However, I am not complaining because I will enjoy seeing these people suffer the consequences of their stupidity. I know that sounds rather cruel, but the English electorate will not come to their senses until they genuinely reap what they have sown. Our loony friend Christian is well-named, as he has decided that if you are opposed to Brexit, as 48% of the British electorate are, then you must be a traitor and should be locked up. And people take me to task when I argue that the English are becoming increasingly fascist!

If you read this blog you will know that I consider Brexit, Christian Holliday and people like him, the visceral hatred of foreigners and immigrants, the unceasing war against the unemployed, the disabled, and people on benefits, the demands for Scottish independence etc. to be the logical conclusion of Thatcherism. I have written of this since I started this blog. You will be aware that I consider Thatcher a genuinely wicked person. The British Historical Writers Association has just published a survey it conducted amongst its members on their views of the nineteen prime ministers that Britain has had since 1916, that is, over the last 100 years, and they named Thatcher as the worst, ahead of The Camoron who was second. In third place they put Neville Chamberlain. Therefore in the opinion of Britain's historians the worst three prime ministers of the last century in British politics were all Tories. Unsurprisingly Mad Tony was next. It was said of Thatcher

“She destroyed too many good things in society, and created too many bad ones, then left a social and moral vacuum in which the selfishly rich and unimaginatively fortunate could too easily destroy still more of what they don’t need and can’t see that everyone else does need” and  “Thatcher made the idea of society, in the sense of a community that cares for all its members and accepts the premise that people need support and should not be stigmatised for it, an anathema. It is easy to demonise politicians and resort to ad hominem rather than policy attacks, but Thatcher encouraged the worst behaviour across all aspects of society and we are still reaping her poisoned harvest.”

I must confess that it is gratifying to have my opinions confirmed by a group such as the Historical Association. I have written a book that explains why I reach such conclusions, but cannot get it published, I wonder why? Thatcher was a fraud and a dangerous ideologue and her 'ism' is now coming to the conclusion I always predicted it would. That gives me no comfort because I have to live in the nation that is suffering from her consequences. What does worry me is that the bulk of the population cannot bring themselves to admit what is staring them in the face. You have been warned.

Your Servant
Doktor Kommirat

No comments:

Post a Comment