Monday 3 February 2014

Why do I support Independence? Simples!

I am frequently asked why I propose an Independent Scotland and I am happy to reply. First, I am not a nationalist and never have been. I am not a supporter of the SNP, although I vote for them because they are a means to an end. Neither am I a communist, despite my blog name, which I have told you actually comes from a song. I am not a communist because I am opposed to the Leninist principles of democratic centralism and the dictatorship of the proletariat.

My desire for independence comes from a disgust with the Westminster system of politics which is irredeemably corrupt and has become completely divorced from reality. For example, we see the major banks setting billions of pounds aside to compensate people for criminal activity in selling them fraudulent policies. Such activities were sanctioned by successive governments who refused to regulate such activities, and, no-one has been held to account for a form of criminal activity that is quite staggering in its proportions, whilst the government demands that a man who stole a bottle of water from a supermarket gets 8 months in jail. It also arises from the corruption of the dominant ideology of political and economic neoliberalism, an ideology that is systematically destroying British society, and I mean systematically, as it is quite deliberate. When Thatcher told us there was no such thing as society, it was because she represented a movement that was born out of a hatred for a society that was motivated by care and welfare for the less well off. It was a society that regulated excess and greed, that quite deliberately redistributed wealth to make society, not equal, but fairer. Neoliberalism represents a burning hatred of the state, of working people, of the poor and disadvantaged. Neoliberals will privatise all health and education and, if you cannot afford health care and private education, you will die or remain illiterate. In addition, the Westminster system has saddled us with the most appalling personnel imaginable. Look at the calibre of MPs we have in parliament, they are quite ghastly. I cannot seriously identify one present member of parliament that I would vote for.

Neoliberalism, or the Thatcherite variation that we suffer from,  is an ideology that is profoundly ignorant of the real nature of the human being, it is profoundly wrong. I published a quote from Pope Francis recently that highlighted how neoliberalism is exclusive. That means it quite deliberately and systematically excludes people, as Francis said, it leaves them excluded from meaningful political, social and economic participation in society, it leaves them outside of society, I remind you, the Pope referred to them as 'leftovers.'. Now, human beings are social beings, and if you exclude them from their social state you effectively dehumanise them, you make them non-persons. This was the essence of Nazi ideology, the concept of the 'untermenschen' the underman, the non-person, who is only fit for slavery and death.

So, my argument is that we are ruled by corrupt people who support and sanction criminal activity from a class position. Their class committing crime is OK. Poor people committing crime must be hammered. They are also incompetent and quite stupid, but are committed to reducing the working people of the country to modern forms of slavery. They are consumed by hatred for large sections of the very people they are supposed to represent, and live in a completely divorced reality.  In short, we are ruled by bad people who adhere to a bad ideological vision of the world. Independence may not cure this situation, but it is the only alternative on offer at the moment.

Your Servant
Doktor Kommirat

No comments:

Post a Comment